Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly referred to as diabe... - dofaq.com
diabetes mellitus

Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly referred to as diabe...

wikipedia - 16 Apr 2018
Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly referred to as diabetes, is a group of metabolic diseases in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. Symptoms of high blood sugar include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. If left untreated, diabetes can cause many complications. Acute complications can include diabetic ketoacidosis, nonketotic hyperosmolar coma, or death. Serious long-term complications include heart disease, stroke, chronic kidney fail
diabetes mellitus

Gestational Diabetes Mellitus and Long-Term Renal Function

Diabetes In Control - 18 Aug 2018
Study of the long term effects of gestational diabetes mellitus and renal function found elevated eGR fund to possibly lead to renal damage. Chronic kidney disease often progresses to advanced stages when it goes undiagnosed for a long time. This renal ...
diabetes mellitus

Alarm over increasing cases of children with Type 2 diabetes

New Telegraph Newspaper - 20 Aug 2018
Type 2diabetes makes up about 90 per cent of cases of diabetes, with the other 10 per cent due primarily to diabetes mellitus type 1 or juvenile diabetes and gestational diabetes which afflicts pregnant women.Reacting to the development, President of ...
diabetes mellitus

Recent Advances in the Management of Diabetes

Pharmacy Times - 31 Jul 2018
Liraglutide (Victoza), a GLP-1 receptor agonist, first received approval in 2010 as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with T2D mellitus. After demonstrating significant reductions in cardiovascular death in the ...
diabetes mellitus

Study Investigates Association Between Migraine and Diabetes

AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - 10 Aug 2018
Using data from the European Health Interview Surveys for Spain, the researchers identified subjects of at least 40 years old in order to conduct the cross-sectional study. Diabetes status was self-reported and each diabetic case was matched by the ...
diabetes mellitus

The Bidirectional Link Between Diabetes and Cancer

Pharmacy Times - 01 Aug 2018
Diabetes mellitus (DM) and cancer are each serious public health burdens in the United States and around the world. DM is far more common, affecting an estimated 30.3 million people in the United States, according to the CDC.1 Cancer affects a smaller ...
diabetes mellitus

Woman speaks of hubby during 'awake' surgery

Times of India - 14 Aug 2018
Doctors ruled out a routine craniotomy to remove the tumour as the patient was suffering from other health complications like hypertension, diabetes and thyroid. Dr Ranganadham decided to do an awake craniotomy on her to save her. "As on Monday, the ...

What's New